It’s the shortest month of the year, the month of love. I told y’all I suspect the earth revolves round the sun faster than usual these days, Lol and we’ll be celebrating Easter soon! I love the month of February because it’s the month of giving candies, flowers, and much more! Well, technically.
February is known all around the world as the month of romance, it has a lot of good stuffs going for it. The Mardi Gras in New Orleans, Brazil, etc plus it’s going to be mid-term this month, and spring is around the corner. Being a short month, you won’t be waiting too long for the last week. January’s gone. Sigh! For monthly-salary earners, you know what I mean, wink! I love the feeling of emphasizing the importance of love in our lives which the month of February brings.
Ssshhhh… don’t say I told you. (Whispers…) Someone somewhere is craving for all the extra calories right now because new year’s resolutions’ lying under the carpet. It’s a new month. Please can we get on with all the cakes and cheese already? Haha! Please I didn’t write that. Y’all better go back to dieting and reaching your weight-loss goals this year. Lol
And if you want to finish strong, here’s four strategic ways to keep your new year’s resolutions.
Okay, back to the title! VALENTINE. That’s what February screams. And a lot of friends and couples are thinking of ways to celebrate valentine. You don’t have to break the bank to have a memorable one especially as the economy is. So I’m going to share 5 inexpensive ways you can have a meaningful (and memorable) Valentine’s Day! (Don’t forget love’s for everyday though).
Let’s dig in;
- Indoor picnic: How about an indoor picnic? You know, like breakfast in bed with your dream meals, playing your favorite love songs, and enjoying fun games together? You can also rent your favorite movies ,(box office, etc) and turn your room into a cinema. Popcorn, soda, etc. If you have kids, perhaps an exceptional family dinner, after which you put them to sleep and enjoy a dessert or two together.
- Write love notes on stickers and place them everywhere conspicuous in the room. Slide some into his breast pocket or her handbag/purse, so they can find them later in the day. Maybe some on the pillows, mirrors, frames, etc. or create a pic-collage of photos showing memorable times spent together in your lives.
- Perhaps it’s time to renew your wedding or love–vows? Don’t nag about some of your partner’s habits that irk or quirk you the entire day. Take a day off to ‘update‘ your vows. Candle-lights, wine, that ‘reasons why I love you‘ kinda thing. Maybe on a Sit-out enjoying the moonlight or taking a nature-walk.
- Love isn’t all about saying ‘I love you‘. It’s an action word. You can (act) show your partner some love on Valentine’s Day by picking some of your partner’s chores of the day and take some load off them. Cook the dinner, bath the kids, wash the dishes, etc. cool stuff! Or maybe, say thank you with a good body massage. Yes! You can turn your home into a mini-spa. Feet massage, back-rub, shoulder, neck, etc. pack on some PDA. Act your love out in a way to appreciate your partner.
- Go home with a small wrapped gift. Maybe dark chocolates for her, her favorite ice-cream flavor, a bracelet for him, a card, maybe a DIY card with your own words inscribed on it. Any gift no matter how small.
You don’t have a partner? Don’t sweat it! Focus on discovering yourself even more. Pamper yourself, show yourself much love. Make sure to put a smile on the faces of those whom you’d come in contact with on Valentine’s Day.
It’s all about love!
And in case you don’t care about breaking the bank, please take a time out to donate to charity and visit other care homes too. They sure need some love.
PS: How do you intend to spend your Valentine’s Day? If you found this post useful, please let me know! Share|Subcribe|comment|connect.
“love is in the little things”.
Until next time,
Jessica ‘IJ‘ Hugo.