Ever been in situations where it seems your hopes are daunting and you feel like throwing-in the towel? Where you wake up sometimes and feel a sense of futility – When you can’t see the point in even trying anymore.
It’s really hard to be confident of success when you have yet to experience it. (More like blind faith). And so certain situations like self-doubt, set-backs or slow growths make you want to give up.
Often times, we are getting closer to reaching our goals when we decide to give up and most times, set–backs and failures launch us into greatness. It’s been proven times and times again. There hasn’t been any success without any set-back or challenge recorded. Nothing goes right all the time and there’s always great life lessons to be learnt from such situations to help us navigate through life better.
Congratulations! You’re strong and alive and that means you can be bold enough to move forward and pursue your dreams.
- Change is inevitable. Growth is intentional ~ Glenda cloud.
Before you quit, ask yourself why you started in the first place. Does your end justify your struggle?( the means). And are you going to regret quitting and wish you tried more?
We can keep the faith and press forward no matter the set-back or situation. Let me show you 7 beneficial ways how to:
• Build resilience: Resilience is the will, the courage and the determination to press forward no matter what life presents. It is the ability to face all manner of adversities yet remain strong. Little wonder resilient people always bounce back even stronger than ever. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option. To be able to press forward when you feel like giving up, you need to build that mental fortitude called Resilience.
• Cancel self–doubt: we often lack belief in ourselves when we need it the most. No matter how big your dreams are, how talented you are, if you don’t believe in your self, you’ll never get there. That’s a painful fact! Can I tell you something? One simple truth is that, negative emotions always breed negative actions. If you need to press forward, you have to have confidence in yourself. It’s not easy to do especially when you feel like you have nothing to offer but it’s do-able. It’s achievable. Focus on your ultimate goal and defeat self-doubt. If you believe you can, you absolutely can!
• Celebrate your little wins and be grateful: Be proud of your little achievements and victories no matter how small you think they are. The reason we feel like giving up is because we don’t see how far we’ve come. We don’t celebrate those little wins and cultivate an attitude of gratitude. If you can do this little, then you can even do more.
• Don’t compare yourself with others: It is difficult not to look sideways and compare yourself to others but always bear in mind that life is an individual race and everyone is on their journey. You think of giving up because you think everyone is doing better. Believe me, you don’t know their story. The saying goes…” The only person you should strive to be better than is who you were yesterday“. Life is not a competition. Embrace your uniqueness and love yourself even more. Be as consistent as you can, your goals may be different from theirs. Focus on achieving it/them.
• Be patient, persistent and persevering: Success doesn’t come easy. You need a lot of patience and perseverance. There would be highs and lows on the journey but one common trait of the world’s most successful people is perseverance; To continue persistently in your purpose inspite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. And be patient because unless you win a lotto now, almost nothing is instant. Great achievements come through months/years of hardwork.
• Worry about the things you can control: The reason most people feel like giving up is because they focus on what they have no control over. I’ve always said it and would say it again, focus on those things that depend on you. Worrying about things beyond your control doesn’t actually solve the problem. It only creates negative vibes which stresses you out even more. If you shift your focus to those things you can control, then you can actually find solutions. Don’t get trapped in that “everybody says, everybody thinks” syndrome. You have no control over what everybody says or think. That’s their problem. Worry about what you want and can control.
• Commit to moving forward no matter how hard the situation: What is commitment? Sticking to what you said you would do long after the mood in which you said it in have left you. It is staying loyal and sticking to your goals and achieving them at the end of the day. Nothing good comes easy, you already know this. It’s going to be hard. Damn hard. But you can achieve it. Commit to your goals and you won’t dwell on giving up.
As Winston Churchill will say…” Don’t give up, don’t ever give up!”
PS: Follow my blog by subscribing. It’s totally free! Never miss any new update. You can also do so via my social media platforms below.
Dont forget to leave me your thoughts and share the love.
Until next time,