Phew! I can’t imagine it’s been a whole four days. Life could get busy sometimes, the kind of busy you have little time for yourself nor to write or do a post.
Well I’m here now…smiles and I’m glad you are too.
About today’s post, it’s been on my drafts for a while now, so I thought to share it. To start with, I am an extro-introvert. Don’t get confused LoL. I’m simply referring to being extroverted introvert. Is that a word? Ok I dunno but that’s how I choose to describe myself. Being outgoing yet love my time to read or write.
Introverts are usually mistaken for shy people, people who don’t have a social life, turn inwardly, etc. Although there are some who are socially reserved, who’d rather stay at home and cuddle up in their bed or read a book or whatever activity they enjoy, there are most who love to socialize. Infact many of those you’d refer to as “party animals” or ” social junkies” might actually be introverted. Lady gaga, Emma Watson, are some of the famous introverts we know.
Knowing your specific personality helps one in vocation (job type), inter-personal relationships and other meaningful works of life. It also helps you play on your strengths.
You know you’re an introvert when:
- You hardly raise your hand to answer a question in class: while most extroverts are willing and ready to yank their hands up to answer a question in class, the introvert will rather sit back and let others have their fill. It’s not as if they are less intelligent, but most introverts will rather not want the spotlight.
- Even though you can be a great leader, you’ll rather not volunteer except it’s imposed on you, or done by appointment or recommendation and when you are, you make an extremely good one.
- You’re often described as quiet: ok let me point here that this type of quietness doesn’t mean being anti-social like most people may assume, it simply means your personality type doesn’t necessarily chit-chat a lot.
- Talking about chit-chat, an introvert is a better listener than a talker. He/ she wouldn’t be that “talkative” in a group nor would he/she be the first to initiate a conversation but when they do, they’re quite cool about it.
- Your best innovative thoughts and ideas come when you’re alone.
- You sometimes need to be persuaded to go out and most times, you make excuses not to.
Even though a person might have some traits of Introverts or extroverts, There isn’t a pure introvert or pure extrovert.
Whats your personality type?