Hey guys, so today I want to share a fair share of my challenges to achieving a spotless skin. Everyone wants a sparkling skin right? So do I. A woman’s body changes a lot during/after pregnancy /child-birth or even due to aging or too much sun exposure. From excess melanin production leading to hyper pigmentation during pregnancy, to break-outs, some even experience hormonal imbalance and develop stretch-marks. I’m lucky to escape stretch marks & imbalance but hyper pigmentation.
There are lots of products out there some expensive, some over the counter, promising to achieve our skin goals but most times do little or nothing or have reversible effects.
Having a blemish-free skin boosts one’s confidence and makes one happy & comfortable so I want to share a few things that couod help us achieve this.
- Drink lots of water: This cannot be over-emphasized. Infact I dedicated a whole post on benefits of water Here. Water helps detoxify our body and remove toxins, it cleanses out and refreshes our system.
- Exfoliate: There’s need to exfoliate the skin regularly to remove dirts, excess oil, dead skin cells, sebum, etc. revealing a softer and clearer skin. When the pores are clogged by all these, it makes the skin dull and causes skin blemishes.
- Wash hands regularly: This reminds me of the 2014 Ebola-virus era where washing of hands was made mandatory as germs are easily passed from hands to our body. Before you re-apply your powder or touch your face, make sure your hands are clean.
- Never sleep with your make–up on: it’s adviced to sometimes stay off make-up so the skin can breathe. It is compulsory to wash your face every night before you sleep so as to keep your face cleansed and clear off make-up products or debris that might clog up your pores. I’m not much of a make-up person though, but I adhere to this very religiously.
- Have adequate sleep: It is really important to have atleast 7.5 to 9 hours of sleep daily. I mentioned amazing ways to achieve that Here. Inadequate sleep can lead to stress and anxiety which in turn can cause break-outs. Sleep enables your body rejuvenate ad refresh.
- Minimize exposure to sun rays: Frequent exposure to UV rays of the sun can have damaging effects on the skin. From sun burn to wrinkles and aging skin, to dull and patchy skin and even skin cancer. The effects can be far damaging. It is necessary to apply sunscreens during the day to help block or Minimise the effects of UV rays on the skin.
- Do not use products containing harmful substances: example is hydroquinone, Mercury, steroids. They give a temporary ‘seeming’ effective result which follows with long-lasting skin damage. Make sure to read contents/ ingredients of the skin products you use before you buy.
- Keep the skin moisturized daily.
So guys, are there other beauty hacks you do wanna share? I’ll love to try and possibly do a review on it. Would love to hear your thoughts.