You know, if you want to be successful, you have to look up to those who are, find out how they made it and what they do. Success comes with a lot of hardwork, sometimes one fails before they succeed and you make a lot of sacrifices. But I found out to be successful, you have to;
- Plan: Like the popular saying; he who fails to plan, plans to fail. As you go about your day-to-day activities, as you think about all you want to do, there has to be a plan. A plan to show what you intend to achieve and how you intend to do so. This is really important as it helps one stay focused and committed.
- Proper Documentation: It is excellent to have a plan, first things first! But it’s even more excellent to properly document them. Document your ideas and progress because you may not remember everything. Besides, as you write, your ideas expand and you have a concrete evidence of your progress.
- Proper associations: They say if you hang around 9 billionaires, you’re likely to be the 10th. If you hang around 9 outstanding persons, you’re most likely to be the 10th. Behaviors are contagious so it’s important to keep proper associations. A goat can become a dog and a dog, a goat. Hang around 5 ‘stupid’ persons and you might just be the 6th.
- Prioritize: In as much as we all want to have everything and do everything, they can’t all be done at same time. A step at a time, a foot at a time in the order of most important.
- Health: health is wealth! In the course of pursuing wealth, don’t neglect your health. It is as important as that. Successful people learn healthy habits and stay healthy as well.
- Invest in yourself: study, read journals that pertain to your vision. If you need to train, get the necessary training. Education, skills, whatever. Ask questions as well, so long as it’s in line with your plan and vision.
Everyone is on their journey and success is all we seek. Form the right habits and keep a balance.